Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What is Motivation?

Look well to this day. Yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day. – Francis Gray

Motivation is defined as "the process that initiates, guides, and maintains goal-oriented behaviors." There are essentially three different sub parts of motivation; activation, persistence, and intensity.  Activation comes from within and is the spark that we all have to set goals for ourselves.  Persistence is the drive that we have to keep going, even if situations get tough.  Intensity is the mindset that we can accomplish those goals that are set through the actions and drive we show to the world.  There are also different theories of motivation which I will touch on in another blog I write, but for now think about the three components that make up motivation. What are your reasons for your activation, persistence and intensity. As I have answered the questions I have asked you in my blog I will share my answers that motivate me everyday to continue to pursue my goals.The goal for my motivation for my example will be pursing my career goal of working for Chick-fil-A corporate. 

1. Activation- Was applying for the job, applying for certification class, asking what are the next steps for promotion.
2. Persistence- The drive that puts a flame under my butt is the drive that all the hard work I am doing now will pay off in the long run.
3. Intensity- My mindset often is defaulted towards being the best; however along the way I have experienced failures.  It makes my intensity when I do succeed at something that much greater than the small failures that I come upon.  

I think that if you also make this list for yourself it can help you hon in on all three components and allow you to dive deep into your mindset of motivation!!


No comments:

Post a Comment